Every horse needs to be groomed, and for this very reason clippers make a thoughtful and useful horse lover gift. When selecting clippers, first think about what type of jobs they’ll perform. Will they be used for simple trims and light touch-ups? If so, the clippers you select will not need to be very powerful. If they’ll be used to clip the winter hair off a working horse, however, you’ll want powerful clippers with a little more bite. Here are some other clipper shopping tips:
• If the horse is easily spooked by loud noises, it’s a good idea to select clippers with a quiet motor.
• When selecting clippers, remember that lightweight clippers should only be used for small jobs—if they are used to groom an entire horse they will burn out.
• Don’t just pick any pair of clippers- peruse through all of the options. Pick up the different models and get a feel for them before selecting one.
• If you have the chance, try out clippers that other horse owners use and see how well they work.
• Read reviews on clippers and ask for recommendations.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.