Your horse’s new saddle isn’t fitting quite right. The best solution is to pick up or order a saddle pad from a horse riding supply store, right? WRONG! Contrary to popular belief, saddle pads are not designed to make a saddle fit better. The true function of a saddle pad is to protect both the saddle and the horse, not to alter either one. So what exactly does the saddle pad do? Here’s a quick guide on its roles:
• It will dissipate heat and absorb moisture.
• It will help you maintain a dry, clean saddle while riding.
• It prevents the saddle from becoming soaked with sweat and sliding around on your horse’s back.
• If the pad is of even thickness and is smooth to the touch, it will help the saddle to disperse pressure.
• A pad made by natural material like cotton or wool will serve as a moisture barrier without concentrating heat or pressure in one area.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.